Monday, May 5, 2008

How to disable Vista UAC.

Hi,

I've noticed that Vista UAC turned on automatically about 2 weeks(my work PC is in domain) ago and now I can't turn it off using Control Panel - it simply doesn't turns off. UAC irritates me highly and I've started searching the solution how to kill it :) And found one very usefull. UAC still works but doesn't display any messages :-))

You just need to create 2 keys in registry, here they are:
In [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001

Or if you want to turn it off totally simply change and reboot:
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

You can also use msconfig to do the same:
- Start - Run - msconfig - Tools -Disable UAC

Hope this will help other people.

No comments: